17 NHS trusts, funded by the Cancer Alliance and NHS England, have signed an agreement for a cross-organisational diagnostic reporting and image sharing platform.
The trusts are set to use Wellbeing Software and Insignia Medical Systems across South West England to share the reporting workload and introduce a single workflow.
It means if a patient has a scan following a visit to A&E at Royal Cornwall, the image would be shared automatically with sites in Plymouth and Bristol in case the patient needed to be moved for treatment.
The programme will be introduced in three phases. The first started last month, when Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust and University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust implemented the system. Later this year, phase two and three will see all trusts onboard onto the platform.
The trusts using Wellbeing Software already will benefit from Advanced Order Comms functionality. Brainomix AI will also be introduced to provide AI and deep learning to assist clinical decision making for stroke patients.
Sunita Berry, Managing Director of the Peninsula Cancer Alliance, commented: “We are excited to be implementing Cris Connect and working collaboratively with Wellbeing Software, whether that is building on an existing relationship or a new one.
“Digital technology is at the forefront of development in medicine, and we believe that by implementing image sharing technology across all platforms we will be able to improve the effectiveness of our treatments.”
Kate Smith Commercial Director at Wellbeing Software, added: “The 17 trusts across the region have recognised the crucial role that shared reporting plays in an effective healthcare strategy.
“Our Cris and Cris Connect solutions enable clinicians across different organisations and departments to collaborate to leverage both scarce and specialist skills. We are excited to continue working with the trusts that are already utilising our software, as well as forging relationships with new partners.”
The trusts involved in the programme include:
- University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Weston Area Health NHS Trust
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- North Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
- Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch NHS Foundation Trust (Now University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust)
- Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (Now University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust)
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust