Webinar: Sharing patient data lawfully and securely
Duration: 45 mins
Date: Thursday 26th March
Presenter: Michael Abtar
During this webinar you will learn tried and tested GDPR & NHS Information Governance best practices, which can help enable you to:
- Share patient data across organisational, technological and geographic boundaries.
- Meet key data sharing requirements of the GDPR and NHS Data Security & Protection Toolkit.
- Implement appropriate organisational and technological controls to secure patient flows.
Key learning outcomes
- Know when the law and NHS policy will permit you to share patient data
- Understand when it is and is not necessary to obtain patient consent to share
- Know what practical steps you need to take to ensure compliant data sharing
- Know how to proactively identify and manage common patient data sharing risks
- CIOs, CCIOs, CISOs, CTOs
- Healthcare/Med Tech Leaders
- Programme Leads
- Heads of compliance & legal
- Data Protection Officers
- Information Governance Managers & Officers
- Information Security Managers & Officers
- Medical & Life science Researchers
- Students with an interest in privacy, security and patient data sharing
About your webinar host
Your Sharing patient data lawfully & securely webinar will be delivered by Michael Abtar, who is the Chief Executive and Principal Consultant of UK leading NHS Information Governance, Cyber Security and GDPR Consultancy, IG-Smart Ltd.
Michael is a lawyer by background that has led national, regional and sub-regional data sharing and digital transformation programmes across the entire UK health and social care commissioner and provider spectrum for over 12 years. He has been a strategic advisor to the Department of Health’s National Information Governance Task Force, NHS England’s Data Sharing & Privacy Unit, The Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, University College London Hospitals, UCL, UCL Partners, North Thames Genomics Medicine Centre, numerous Clinical Commissioning Groups and Commissioning Support Units, and hundreds of care homes, GP practices, pharmacies and charitable organisations. He is the former Chair of NHS London’s Freedom of Information Forum and Co-Chair of the Information Governance Forum.
About IG-Smart Ltd
IG-Smart Ltd enables world-renowned institutions and trusted brands to optimise data privacy and security, and are proud recipients of the Innovation & Excellence award for GDPR Consultancy of the Year 2020, and the UK Enterprise Award for Best Cyber Security Consultancy 2019.
Following registering for this live webinar, we will send you the GoToMeeting access codes you will need.