The second wave of NHS trusts to receive funding as part of the NHS Digital Aspirant programme have been announced.
32 trusts are set to join the initiative; seven are to receive up to £6 million over the next three years and 25 are to receive funding of £250,000 to develop their digital strategy and business case.
In February 2020, 23 NHS trusts were the first to join the programme to support their digital maturity, building on the Global Digital Exemplar initiative.
A requirement of the programme is to share learnings and develop digital blueprints to support other trusts in their digital programmes.
Digital Aspirants receiving up to £6 million over the next three years:
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
25 Digital Aspirants receving £250,000:
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- East Cheshire NHS Trust
- East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust (working in collaboration with Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust)
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust
- South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
To find out more visit the NHSX website here.