NHS England has released a prior information notice to inform the market of an upcoming opportunity for digital primary care technology and to initiate an information gathering exercise.
The programme aims to introduce a framework of new solutions and capabilities, with NHS England planning to engage with potential suppliers to review, ask questions and provide feedback on the programme approach this month. In addition, NHS England aims to discuss with suppliers how solutions could be assured, procured and consumed.
Titled, ‘Digital Services For Integrated Care Suite of Frameworks,’ it intends to add to the Tech Innovation Framework and the Digital First Online Consultation, the Video Consultation Framework and the former GP IT Futures Framework.
Services included at this stage are for the “provision of applications to meet the business requirements of general practice and broader primary care.” This is to cover:
- Patient record systems for multi-disciplinary settings
- GP systems: designed around the operation of a typical general practice and a detained estate setting
- Digital services: integrating into the clinical desktop, such as document management, clinical decision support, e-consultation, voice recognition, mobile solutions
- Enhanced triage: digital pathways: presenting an online consultation capability to a patient, enabling them to make appointments, submit information or undertake scheduled interactions with practice services, linking to capabilities such as referral management, clinical decision support, video, telehealth; and cross-organisational workflow, task management and appointment booking
- Digital support services: supporting integrated service delivery and access to clinical information, and core electronic record and patient management systems for general practice
- Patient facing services: which are referred or dispensed as part of the primary care chain of care
- Community pharmacy contractual framework services
- Digital vaccination services
NHS England asks that interested parties complete an expression of interest by Friday 16th June 2023 at 12:00 midday BST.
To view the notice, please click here.