Feature by CCube Solutions
Over a number of years and decades, at CCube Solutions we have been supporting NHS Trusts realise tangible benefits as part of their transformation programmes focused on patient records management. Realisable benefits include:
- Instantly available Medical History
- Improvements in staff & patient Safety
- Avoids unnecessary admissions
- Remote consultations & virtual clinics
- Operational Efficiencies
- Multiple appointments per visit
- Financial – delivering over £35M savings to the NHS over 10 years.
In this article we highlight three recent customer projects, with slightly different approaches to this area, but there is a consistent theme ensuring success; and that is a partnership approach.
North Bristol NHS Trust approached the transition from paper to digital medical records by both setting up its own in-house scanning bureau and working with a third-party outsourcing specialist, to do the back scanning. The in-house bureau is used for day-to-day scanning. Returns from the project have been significant:
- A scan-on-demand model to digitise patient medical records saving over £1.3M within 4 years
- EDRMS is an ‘invest to save’ initiative with the system paying for itself based on a reduction in operating costs
- Outsourced digitisation of over 295,000 active patient records, amounting to c.55M pages
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust upgraded its electronic document management system, moving from on-premise to the cloud.
The Trust has utilised the CCube Solutions platform over several years to manage and deliver patient electronic records around the organisation with the system deployed locally. It has now moved to a Software as a Service EDRM model to provide greater flexibility and access to the system. The Trust has also extended the use of the system into non-clinical operational areas.
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has started its journey to transform the way patient records are stored and made available.
The Trust said: “the aim of the project is to have a positive impact on patient care by providing clinicians and health professionals with instant, secure access to a comprehensive, easily searchable patient history where and when needed including across multiple locations at the same time. This will enable improved clinician decision making and improved patient service delivery.”
If your Trust is looking to transform patient and records management, please contact CCube Solutions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org