The Word Health Organization has announced it is launching the first portal that brings together data on global indicators for monitoring the health and well-being of people aged 60 and over.
The data included in the portal covers indicators such as:
- percentage of older people aged 60 years and over;
- healthy life expectancy at age 60;
- major causes of death in older people;
- prevalence of common impairments such as hearing and vision loss;
- percentage of older people receiving long-term care in residential facilities and in their home;
- and the percentage of older people living in an age-friendly environment.
Users can view the data by age, sex and country to allow develop understanding of trends across different population groups, and to better manage progress towards global goals.
WHO said the portal will be supported for the next 10 years and aims to support national policies and plans across the world.
Please click the image below to access the portal.